May starts the beginning of a really busy and hectic two months!! First off, I have a tons of cookies to decorate for friends. 110 to be exact. That should suck up about any free time I have between work and flowers. Then I have my first wedding of the summer and about a week later I will be traveling to to Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. It has taken me a solid 1-1.5 years to convince my boyfriend to agree to this vacation but it’s a go and I cannot be more excited.
The vacation started off as a quick weekend trip to Charleston, SC but it so happened to be *cough, cough* cheaper if we flew into Savannah, GA two days prior and drove up to Charleston for the weekend from there. So we are actually crossing off two bucket list spots in one.
When I get back from Charleston I have about a week and a half to unpack and then pack again because we are off to Mexico. I’ve been dreaming about laying on the beach with a fruity drink in my hand and sitting down to read a book. I just finished Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and now I NEED to read it. When I get back from Mexico, I am back to work with more weddings for the summer!
I have just enough time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo before Mother’s day next weekend. I feel like when you think of a Mexican you instantly think tacos, burritos and nachos and never really think of sides. Well, I promise you that this recipe will get you thinking of all the dishes you can make this with. Honestly, a regular husk of grilled corn is delicious but when you add these topping it brings your plain jane corn to a different level.
The steps to making this corn are probably the most simple steps ever. Literally, grill corn, crumble cheese/chop cilantro, and mix some seasonings together.
Cotijo cheese is a Mexican cheese. Not the easiest of cheeses to find but very much worth it. It is mild in taste so I added a little bit of parmesan cheese. I know, I know, they aren’t using parmesan cheese in Mexico (at least I don’t think) but it gives it a kick you are going to love.
This sauce will literally change your life. You will never want anything else on your corn besides this!!! You are going to want to slather this garlicky creamy deliciousness all over the corn.
- Corn, 8-9 ears of corn
- ½ cup Mexican Crema
- ½ cup mayonnaise (if you want it with extra garlic, use garlic mayo)
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Place the corn in the water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. Place the corn on medium high heat on the grill. Cook for about 20 minutes, flipping the corn every five minutes.
- As the corn is grilling, combine the mayonnaise, Mexican crema, chili powder, garlic and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the cotija cheese, Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
- When the corn is cooked, spread the Mexican Crema mixture on the corn. Sprinkle with the cheese mixture and serve.